//PRNTEXM JOB (ACCT), ‘PRINT JOB’
//PRINT EXEC PGM=IDCAMS
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//INPUT DD DSN=STUDENT.TEST.INPUT, DISP=OLD
//SYSIN DD *
INFILE (FILENAME) –
SKIP (2) –
COUNT (4) –
- The PRINT command is used to print VSAM and NON VSAM data sets. It dumps the contents of input file to an output printer device.
- If CHAR format is specified, then the contents of file are printed in EBCDIC characters.
- A maximum of 120 characters will be printed per line.
- If HEX format is specified, then each character are printed as 2 hexadecimal digits.
- The DUMP format is combination of CHAR and HEX formats.
- To selectively print parts of a input file SKIP can be used to skip certain records and print the number of records mentioned within the COUNT parameter.
- FROMKEY and TOKEY can be used when particular records of a KSDS file are to be printed (the key ranges can be specified and records can be selected).
- To print records of a ESDS file, FROMADDRESS and TOADDRESS can be used. This will print all records that lie between these two relative byte addresses.
- FROMNUMBER and TONUMBER can be used to print the selected records, which lie between the two given relative record numbers (used for RRDS file organization).